Saturday, July 14, 2018

Memory Books for Kindergarten

Memory Books for Kindergarteners
Every summer I set out to start the next school year better than the previous year.  One of my struggles is organizing student work and photos at the end of the year.  I start out SOOO good!  I take the first day photos and make each child's cute little handprints after reading The Kissing Hand.  I even do pretty good the second and third week.  Then something happens.  Life happens.  Craziness happens.  I end up with a huge stack of writing and art.  The bazillions of photos I took throughout the year are still locked inside the Google cloud or on my phone.  I end up spending most of May and a ton of money downloading and 1 hour printing photos, sorting work samples, and filling clear plastic sleeves.  I tell myself about a week before school is over that I am NEVER making scrap books again.  But, then the end of the year party and little graduation ceremony takes place.  Parents fill my classroom.  When the singing is over, I hand each child his or her 1 inch binder with memories.  I watch as parents turn the pages.  Their laughter, tears, and smiles make all that work worth while.  And, I promise to keep making them for at least one more year.
Well, this year is going to be better.  I made a file that includes every photo page I want to take and a companion art project.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Memory-Book-3894613
First day of school photo page, art page and photo prop.
My first volunteer job will be to place 50 plastic sleeves in each child's 1 inch 3 ring binder.  I am going to have everything already printed and organized in file folders to pulled out and use monthly.  I even made hats and / or props for each month.

  If you are interested in using the file I created, you can find it in my TPT store: Coogle it.

Keep following me and I will share photos and more ideas throughout the year as we make our 2018-2019 memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters Ff, Tt, Rr, Ii Lessons 7 - 10 26 Lessons in 26 Days

Our days in kindergarten continue to be full of fun as we learn one new letter each day.   Our mornings begin with coloring a puppet...