Sunday, August 12, 2018

A Great Year begins with Great Modeling and Planning

Monday is the big day!  Eighteen young children will walk through the door and our lives will forever be changed.  The hours we spend together will impact our future tremendously.  The foundations we lay in the first days together will steer our direction for the remainder of our 180 days in kindergarten.  Creating a nurturing and safe environment takes tremendous planning and patience.  
I try to make my room fun and exciting.  Choosing a theme that you will enjoy turns a classroom into a happy place.  My kindergarten learning safari has become a hobby.  Searching for jungle bargains is just as much fun as searching for the perfect first day outfit.
I've made a video to show you some ideas for early finishers, how to introduce stations, and how to manage your students as they rotate through the stations.  Feel free to leave a message with any questions.


The room decorations, learning stations, and assessment tools can be purchased at my Teacher Pay Teacher Store.
Coogle It

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. I love that you did a video and walked us through the stations and the room. It made it very easier for me to understand how you setup the room and materials for stations. I look forward to seeing more videos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I hope you have a wonderful school year.

      Delete

Letters Ff, Tt, Rr, Ii Lessons 7 - 10 26 Lessons in 26 Days

Our days in kindergarten continue to be full of fun as we learn one new letter each day.   Our mornings begin with coloring a puppet...